Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Power of the Sun.

Vegetables; an amazingly healthy completely renewable food sourse. Two days ago my wife and I started a vegetarian diet. Its amazing to me how different I feel not just physically but mentally as well. I wake up in the morning without a pain in my gut that had become all to familiar. Also, I do not feel sluggish at all through the day.

To be honest. When I really sit and think HARD about eating meat it kind of makes me sick to think about. Last night, Jean and I were watching Food Network. "Unwrapped" had a special on BBQ. I found some of the images that I would have drooled over thinking of the flavor just a week or so ago...turn my stomach. Meat falling off of bones and meat so tender it can just be pulled apart. I just couldnt get the thought out of my head that it was once an animal.

I am NOT saying that I will NEVER eat meat again. I am just going to flip my priorities. My old eating habits had me eating meat all the time and vegetables were a rarity. Now veggies will be all the time and meet will be a rarity. Not that the thought of one day being able to say, "I dont eat meat" doesnt put a smile on my face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment